2045: The Year Man Becomes Immortal

General discussions about future technology and the human race.

Re: 2045: The Year Man Becomes Immortal

Postby crzer07 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:43 am

btw how come there is no mention of the "technological singularity" on the timeline?
crzer07

Postby Prolite on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:04 am

crzer07 wrote:btw how come there is no mention of the "technological singularity" on the timeline?

I think I know. It's probably because most people don't believe the technological singularity to be fact, or that it is commonly believed to be science fiction. In my mind, the technological singularity is science fiction, at least for the next 90 years or more. Unfortunately, none of us will be around in the 22nd century, especially to say, "I told you so".
Prolite

Postby crzer07 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:47 pm

Prolite wrote:I think I know. It's probably because most people don't believe the technological singularity to be fact, or that it is commonly believed to be science fiction. In my mind, the technological singularity is science fiction, at least for the next 90 years or more. Unfortunately, none of us will be around in the 22nd century, especially to say, "I told you so".

The definition of it is basically the time where technological advancement just goes beyond our heads, and I don't think it would be as simple as determining a demarcation point in time where we would put a name "year of the Singularity" and even when it passed we might still be debating when it exactly happened.
Science fiction? But it is a real world concept not like the Prime Directive, you are just not a Singularitarian.
crzer07

Postby BigSavant on Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Hopefully, we won't have to wait until 2045....we may experience immortality as soon as 2029...right now, blood cell-sized submarines called nanobots are being tested in animals. These will soon be used to destroy tumors, unblock clots and perform operations without scars. Computer technology and our understanding of genes – our body's software programs - are accelerating at an incredible rate. Ultimately, nanobots will replace blood cells and do their work thousands of times more effectively. The Law of Accelerating Returns mankind will experience a billion-fold increase in technological capability for the same cost in the next 25 years. Nanotechnology will help in making humans achieve immortality....
BigSavant

Postby crzer07 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:38 pm

then you have the Builderbergers, the Rothschild family, governmental megacorporations, and the "green anarchist" sympathizers...

Just remember who wields all the power. Any future decendants will be either from any of the lineages above. Imagine how easy it would be to trace your ancestors in the future! :o
crzer07

Postby Prolite on Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:34 am

BigSavant wrote:Hopefully, we won't have to wait until 2045....we may experience immortality as soon as 2029...right now, blood cell-sized submarines called nanobots are being tested in animals. These will soon be used to destroy tumors, unblock clots and perform operations without scars. Computer technology and our understanding of genes – our body's software programs - are accelerating at an incredible rate. Ultimately, nanobots will replace blood cells and do their work thousands of times more effectively. The Law of Accelerating Returns mankind will experience a billion-fold increase in technological capability for the same cost in the next 25 years. Nanotechnology will help in making humans achieve immortality....

Not a chance dude. The human body has too many complex systems that we don't understand. Sort of like the human brain. And anyone who tries to convince you that immortality is reachable within 20 years has their head way too far up their :roll:
Prolite

Postby BigSavant on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:07 pm

Prolite wrote:
Not a chance dude. The human body has too many complex systems that we don't understand. Sort of like the human brain. And anyone who tries to convince you that immortality is reachable within 20 years has their head way too far up their :roll:

Think again. Nanotechnologies revolution will start to boom in around 2020...technological breakthroughs beyond your imagination is expect to happen after the next decades dude....remember that technology move exponentially...

Immortality may be available as soon as 20 years from now.....
BigSavant

Postby wjfox2009 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:53 pm

BigSavant wrote:
Prolite wrote:

Think again. Nanotechnologies revolution will start to boom in around 2020...technological breakthroughs beyond your imagination is expect to happen after the next decades dude....remember that technology move exponentially...

Prolite thinks technology moves at a linear pace and that medicine will be pretty much the same as now in 2100 AD. ;)
wjfox2009
Site Admin

Postby Italian Ufo on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:28 pm

BigSavant wrote:
Prolite wrote:

In 20 years we will start the difficult journey towards immortality. However we will have the same problems and issues, only few pepole will be able to afford these technologies
Italian Ufo

Postby crzer07 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:15 am

I can't but see that this technological breakthrough is only going to be for priviledged individuals it's not going to be a right. just look at how long plastic surgery, breast implants or hormone therapy treatments has been around these operations are not the basic needs to save a life but they are only extra enhancements. You still can't afford it the normal way. But even so, if you have 3rd degree burns on your face it's still going to cost you a fortune to fix it. But then again there's insurance, and I think the true purpose of insurance companies is to profit from situational mishaps and accidents which is basically uncertainty. More like profit from the WORRY of uncertainty through the method of premiums. Pretty clever trick. but I digress.

The true question that we're looking for is when it will become accessible after research, development and then application. Usually this process takes decades if not centuries. And then you have backwashed groups like religion, interest groups, the authorities, government and elites, and big businesses like corporations that usually prevent breakthroughs and delays them for decades. You have to factor all these obstacles, and definitions of being "possible" or "available" hardly takes into account such things. I doubt Ray Kurzweil has ever thought about it, and especially for the case for this type of breakthrough, the higher ups are definitely going to be on to it and put a cap.

Maybe that's why transhumanism is likened to eugenics because of such reasons. To make it not become like eugenics you're gonna have to make it assessible to everyone and have options available when someone is on their deathbeds. But I doubt that's ever gonna happen because of the excuse of overpopulation or social Darwinian interest.
crzer07

---------

PreviousNext

Return to The Future