Alternative Timelines

Suggestions for improving the timeline at futuretimeline.net

Re: Alternative Timelines

Postby Nick1984 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:33 pm

StyleofBeyond wrote:NO! We will not take that unless they become capitalists!

China's one of the most capitalist countries in the world now. Why don't you open your eyes for a change idiot!

Nick1984

Postby Nick1984 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:44 pm

Still think China is a communist country?

Nick1984

Postby StyleofBeyond on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:55 pm

If they are so free, they should not censor things or have their government funneling weapons to the communists during the Korean and Vietnam wars. :evil:
StyleofBeyond

Postby Nick1984 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:01 pm

StyleofBeyond wrote:If they are so free, they should not censor things or have their government funneling weapons to the communists during the Korean and Vietnam wars. :evil:

Er, Vietnam and Korea wars were 60 years ago. China changed dramatically after Mao died.

China has changed loads since then, every day they get richer and more free. Why don't you visit Shanghai?

That's the thing with you right wing Americans, you all think you're still living in the 1950s!
Nick1984

Postby StyleofBeyond on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:05 pm

Those are some pretty darn cool buildings... But I still will not be happy until their main political party removes the word 'Communist' from their name and they lift censorship.
StyleofBeyond

Postby Nick1984 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:09 pm

StyleofBeyond wrote:Those are some pretty darn cool buildings...

China has loads of cities that look like that; Guangzhou, Tianjin, Hong Kong, Shenzhen.

They're a sign of a growing free-market economy. You need to learn about more about modern China.
Nick1984

Postby Nick1984 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:15 pm

StyleofBeyond wrote:Those are some pretty darn cool buildings... But I still will not be happy until their main political party removes the word 'Communist' from their name and they lift censorship.

Decent point, democracy will come once the middle class has become the majority population.

You also need to learn about Chinese history. Whenever the coastal/eastern parts of the country open trade the east gets rich and the inland gets poor. The dictatorship and censorship is there to ensure China is united.

To avoid a repeat of history amost poor west Chinese are immigrating to the east. Once all people of China are well off democracy will come.

I agree democracy is the only right way for a country, but it might be better if China focussed on economy. The 'communist' party has dragged millions of poor working class out of poverty since Deng Xiaoping's capitalist reforms in the late 80s.
Nick1984

Postby Time_Traveller on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:46 pm

2030 - Trans- Global Train goes from London - New York in 5 Hours.
2160 - First Mankind Settlement on Alpha Centuri.
2200 - Mankind invents Teleporter.
Time_Traveller

Postby Tumaini09 on Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:19 pm

Time_Traveller wrote:2030 - Trans- Global Train goes from London - New York in 5 Hours.

I like this. But why trans-global train? Hypersonic aircraft are more likely.

Personally, I always thought that teleportation - as depicted in Star Trek, involving live human beings - was one concept which can be considered almost certainly impossible. Like travelling into the past.
Tumaini09

Postby Time_Traveller on Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:23 pm

Tumaini09 wrote:
Time_Traveller wrote:2030 - Trans- Global Train goes from London - New York in 5 Hours.

I like this. But why trans-global train? Hypersonic aircraft are more likely.

Personally, I always thought that teleportation - as depicted in Star Trek, involving live human beings - was one concept which can be considered almost certainly impossible. Like travelling into the past.

Alright then how about 2030 - Hypersonic Aircraft London - New York in 5 Hours and the same with London - Melbourne/Sydney, Australia in 12 Hours not the 24 we have now.
Time_Traveller

---------

PreviousNext

Return to Brainstorm