Alternative Timelines

Suggestions for improving the timeline at futuretimeline.net

Re: Alternative Timelines

Postby wjfox2009 on Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:49 pm

Time_Traveller wrote:
Alright then how about 2030 - Hypersonic Aircraft London - New York in 5 Hours and the same with London - Melbourne/Sydney, Australia in 12 Hours not the 24 we have now.

That's already on the timeline.

You keep posting ideas which I've already covered. I'm looking for NEW stuff... that's the idea of the brainstorm section. ;)

(preferably backed up with links/references)
wjfox2009
Site Admin

Postby Nick1984 on Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:15 pm

What about the future ruled by damned dirty apes!

I reckon when we oil goes we'll drift back to the 1500s. Everyone on farms, inquisitions, sword fighting and black death.

Apart from the elite, who travel the universe in egg shaped pods powered by their enormous sense of wellbeing.
Nick1984

Postby TreeHandThing on Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:17 am

Nick1984 wrote:I reckon when we oil goes we'll drift back to the 1500s. Everyone on farms, inquisitions, sword fighting and black death.

Seriously dude, what's with you and oil? It seems that all you talk about is the oil crisis and losing all technology.

2250 AD - Majority of humans live beyond Earth
2300 AD - All secrets of the universe solved
2800 AD - Advanced alien multicellular life is discovered
500,000 AD - Faster than light travel is invented
2,000,000 AD - First contact with an alien civilization
2,100,000 AD - Humanity forms a mega-civilization with several other intelligent alien species
Last edited by TreeHandThing on Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
TreeHandThing

Postby Tumaini09 on Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:59 pm

MissTomorrow wrote:
Tumaini09 wrote:4) A different GM virus destroys all grass species, including major grain crops: worldwide famine, mass extinction of land animals and general collapse of society. How would people and ecosystems reorganise themselves after such a disaster?

is that idea from a novel or comic?

It's from by John Christopher.
Tumaini09

Postby Nick1984 on Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:59 pm

ChocolateStarfish wrote:
TreeHandThing wrote:900,000 AD - Humanity forms a mega-civilization with several other intelligent alien species

You mean one world government?!?!?! :evil:

It'll go that way if Globalistation continues.

I wouldn't worry, in 200 years everyone will speak English and wear jeans so no one will give a toss.
Nick1984

Postby TreeHandThing on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:28 am

ChocolateStarfish wrote:You mean one world government?!?!?! :evil:

No, I meant that humanity would form a partnership with several alien species, and join together to form one mega-civlization, comprising of both humans and aliens.
TreeHandThing

Postby Nick1984 on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:41 am

TreeHandThing wrote:
ChocolateStarfish wrote:You mean one world government?!?!?! :evil:

No, I meant that humanity would form a partnership with several alien species, and join together to form one mega-civlization, comprising of both humans and aliens.

I blame the American Republican party...

Nick1984

Postby TreeHandThing on Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:13 am

Nick1984 wrote: I blame the American Republican party...

So you are a conspiracy theorist?

I am not. And even if these guys did plan on making a " new world order ", I frankly do not care, unless it turns into a north korea-style dictatorship.

I wasn't talking about conspiracy theories anyway. I wasn't even talking about governments. I was talking about a CIVILIZATION. Civilizations and governments are two different things. I was talking about a huge future civlization, consisting of humans and several alien species.

Do you grasp what I am trying to tell you?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TreeHandThing

Postby Nick1984 on Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:19 am

TreeHandThing wrote:
Nick1984 wrote: I blame the American Republican party...

So you are a conspiracy theorist?

I am not. And even if these guys did plan on making a " new world order ", I frankly do not care, unless it turns into a north korea-style dictatorship.

I wasn't talking about conspiracy theories anyway. I wasn't even talking about governments. I was talking about a CIVILIZATION. Civilizations and governments are two different things. I was talking about a huge future civlization, consisting of humans and several alien species.

Do you grasp what I am trying to tell you?

That was aimed more at AceFlamingo.

I personally don't think a One World Government is a bad idea, well, as long as there's still some level of segregation.

A goood example is the EU, European countries did nothing but try to invade eachother until the EU was formed. Saying that, Germany is the largest controller of the EU, and to be fair I don't mind that either, would prefer them to be influencing our policies than bombing our cities, we have too much culture in common to squabble over petty differences.
Nick1984

Postby TreeHandThing on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:19 pm

Some more ideas:

3,000,000 AD - The entire Virgo Supercluster has been colonized
600,000,000 AD - Earth is moving out of the habitable zone; the majority of animals are now arthropods, and the majority of plants are those that use C4 photosynthesis, like grass.

TreeHandThing

---------

PreviousNext

Return to Brainstorm