Civilization: Is the West History?

General discussions about future technology and the human race.

Re: Civilization: Is the West History?

Postby TreeHandThing on Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:50 pm

Do you guys have any evidence for the " down with America " future that you all dream of?
TreeHandThing
User avatar
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:06 am
Location: Ontario

Re: Civilization: Is the West History?

Postby Wesfky on Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:32 am

TreeHandThing wrote:Do you guys have any evidence for the " down with America " future that you all dream of?

Why you mad?
Wesfky
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:17 am

Re: Civilization: Is the West History?

Postby antovador on Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:56 pm

The West, USA, China and any civilizations will be History. Even USA, which contributed to the processus of globalization, now begin to be submerge by it and countries like China accelerate the globalization. 30 or 20 years ago, we spoken about "American cultural invasion", but now USA* are more exposed to foreign influences and some ethnic and linguistics minorities benefits from technologies of information to survive.

Roman Empire desappear 1 500 years ago but his legacy remain strong, the same with USA, China and others for the future.

*USA were and are always a patchwork of cultures not a WASP monobloc civilization as say right wind bull**** propaganda.
antovador
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Civilization: Is the West History?

Postby Nick1984 on Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:56 pm

In my opinion America and Europe will see a day (possibly in 100 years) where they are no longer top dogs in the world.

However this will not be the end of Western civilization, infact by then I predict that countries like China and India will be so Westernised it'll be almost impossible to tell their cultures apart from the West.

Day by day Asia resembles America more and more, most kids in Indian cities dress and acts like Americans, they choose American TV, movies and music over there own, and McDonalds is popping up all over the place.

As for cultural exchange, look at the popularity of Japanese culture in the west (mainly anime and videogames), these were elements that Japan borrow from the west, modified, and handed back.
Nick1984
User avatar
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:57 pm
Location: European Union - North West Zone 3

Re: Civilization: Is the West History?

Postby TreeHandThing on Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:32 pm

Ok, so western cultures rub off on Asian countries. So? That's not evidence for anything!
TreeHandThing
User avatar
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:06 am
Location: Ontario

Re: Civilization: Is the West History?

Postby Nick1984 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:06 am

Evidence for what? Where have I said America's going to fall?

It'll be top dog for a long long time.
Nick1984
User avatar
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:57 pm
Location: European Union - North West Zone 3

Re: Civilization: Is the West History?

Postby antovador on Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:27 pm

Nick1984 wrote:In my opinion America and Europe will see a day (possibly in 100 years) where they are no longer top dogs in the world.

However this will not be the end of Western civilization, infact by then I predict that countries like China and India will be so Westernised it'll be almost impossible to tell their cultures apart from the West.

Day by day Asia resembles America more and more, most kids in Indian cities dress and acts like Americans, they choose American TV, movies and music over there own, and McDonalds is popping up all over the place.

As for cultural exchange, look at the popularity of Japanese culture in the west (mainly anime and videogames), these were elements that Japan borrow from the west, modified, and handed back.


India and China are millenium civilizations, earlier or later they will react to preserve mainly theirs cultures (Hollywood will never kill Bollywood :) ) as Europe to protect their own gastronomies where they are better for health (Mediterranean or French gastronomy) and of course superior to the fast foods.

I think many Italians are very sad to see one of their gastronomic symbol transform into a globalized lazy teenager fast food, the pizza. What do you think about the fact that Thor, a scandinavian god worshipped during centuries, is now transfromed into a comic super hero to make money ?

In another way, USA can't do anything against globalized elements as metric system, high speed trains, football (soccer), the road to universal death penalty abolition...
antovador
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Civilization: Is the West History?

Postby TreeHandThing on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:48 pm

I'm getting pretty pissed off here, cause everyone here hates the United States of America. The USA kills your wussy little countries like Italy and India. The only countries I think are similar to the USA are Canada, several European countries ( including the UK ) and Canada. I wouldn't be suprised if any of these became superpowers. Canada seems most likely in the climate hell of the future.
TreeHandThing
User avatar
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:06 am
Location: Ontario

Re: Civilization: Is the West History?

Postby crzer07 on Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:02 am

So you are an America sympathizer of some sort lol well the only ones that might be are whites (rednecks), creationists and nationalists. But doesn't matter, because Americans can hate other countries too, of coz usually towards the variety of commies and sand niggers :P

not that I have a bias against America but unlikely there will ever be a single power pole.
crzer07
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:41 pm

Re: Civilization: Is the West History?

Postby TreeHandThing on Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:44 am

crzer07 wrote:So you are an America sympathizer of some sort lol well the only ones that might be are whites (rednecks), creationists and nationalists. But doesn't matter, because Americans can hate other countries too, of coz usually towards the variety of commies and sand niggers :P


Well, you racist prick, I am what you call a " sand nigger ". It offends me that you make racial slurs against me and my bloodline.
TreeHandThing
User avatar
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:06 am
Location: Ontario
---------

PreviousNext

Return to The Future

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron