Civilization: Is the West History?

General discussions about future technology and the human race.

Re: Civilization: Is the West History?

Postby wjfox2009 on Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:42 am

crzer07 wrote:So you are an America sympathizer of some sort lol well the only ones that might be are whites (rednecks), creationists and nationalists. But doesn't matter, because Americans can hate other countries too, of coz usually towards the variety of commies and sand niggers :P

not that I have a bias against America but unlikely there will ever be a single power pole.

You realise I will have to ban you from this site?
wjfox2009
Site Admin

Postby crzer07 on Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:34 pm

wjfox2009 wrote:You realise I will have to ban you from this site?

huh you do.. but why? :?
crzer07

Postby wjfox2009 on Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:47 pm

crzer07 wrote:but why? :?

Are you serious? For your racism, obviously. If you use this kind of language then you aren't welcome here.
wjfox2009
Site Admin

Postby classical piano guy on Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:47 pm

Unfortunately, the West is on a fairly precipitous downward slope. America and Europe have been consumed by fiscal liberalism -- one of the staunchest opponents of technological and economic progress. Meanwhile, countries like China and India are adopting policies similar to those of late 19th century industrial America -- when the country enjoyed its greatest rise ever -- and they are experiencing remarkable growth.

Not to mention unprecedented Oriental advancements in the fields of science and mathematics (as pointed out in a recent thread).

As Nick stated, the East is developing Western culture; however, by utilizing that culture, it's beginning to surpass the West itself. Regardless, America will still lead the world for at least another 15 years.
classical piano guy

Postby TreeHandThing on Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:01 am

Random Guy wrote:North Korea is a communist country, and where has it gone so far? The Soviet Union was a communist country, and it collapsed, bringing down the Iron Curtain with it. And China will only remain as economically powerful as it is as long as America remains a superpower. China is too dependent on the West to hold its own as a superpower. And it does not control all of the world's oceans, nor exports, nor economies, nor does it export ideas, creativity, science, or art as the West does. Nor does it even have access to the oceans as America does, being able to maneuver and attack foreign countries without being attacked. Nor does it have the ability to shoot missiles thousands of miles away to a specific target as America does.

And why would the West be history? The U.S. shows no signs of militarily weakening, and this recession is only temporary; they have occurred many times before, and America is still the most powerful country in the world. America just makes a big deal out pf everything because it is an adolescent country, and behaves much like a hysterical teenager: when it feels it is threatened, it overcompensates militarily, and that is in fact another key to its success. America is the wealthiest country in the world, and its GDP is #1. China is #2. if America suddenly became #180 for no reason at all, as most of you are positive will happen, China would become #181. As George Friedman said, "if America catches a cold, China catches pneumonia."

At the end of the day, America will retain its superpower status, and China will not become a superpower.

Nicely said.
TreeHandThing

Postby Random Guy on Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:23 pm

Yes, and now that I have started George Friedman's book The Next Decade, I now have even better reason to treat him like a god.

Although many Americans have trouble admitting it, we have become an informal empire. We have what Friedman calls "deep power," a balance of economic, political, and military power. America affects the lives of billions of people. When Americans began eating more shrimp, fishers in China began catching more shrimp to meet demand. When America began going through a recession and began eating less shrimp, fishers in China were affected. And China and India have become "Westernized" only because America exports a tremendous amount of culture. China is in a period of economic growth that will come crashing down by the end of the decade.

Although he goes against conventional wisdom, he speaks with reason. Now, I will not explain why China cannot become a superpower one more time. I'm sick of you people ignoring me and all the reason I have put behind my predictions.
Random Guy

Location: Sector 7, District of New York, United States of America

Postby crzer07 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:00 am

wjfox2009 wrote:Are you serious? For your racism, obviously. If you use this kind of language then you aren't welcome here.

I think you might find some great deal of contributing factor from my pseudo-intelligence, is it worth it because I said some word? :P

After all, this is the inTARwebz: typically characterized by trolls, keyboard warriors and online arguments by people who like to appear to be seemly smart. (usually of the male gender) This forum is just one that gathers them together. We're all victims of our messed up culture, the difference is I know and admit it. Maybe in the future when the conditions of our planet and our society/culture that necessitates such behaviour changes, we won't see ourselves waste time like this anymore but instead become true intellectuals. (I predict in the 22nd century)
If you are a fan of Jacque Fresco, you should know what I mean. Think about it ;)
crzer07

Postby TreeHandThing on Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:01 am

crzer07 wrote:I think you might find some great deal of contributing factor from my pseudo-intelligence, is it worth it because I said some word? :P

After all, this is the inTARwebz: typically characterized by trolls, keyboard warriors and online arguments by people who like to appear to be seemly smart. (usually of the male gender) This forum is just one that gathers them together. We're all victims of our messed up culture, the difference is I know and admit it. Maybe in the future when the conditions of our planet and our society/culture that necessitates such behaviour changes, we won't see ourselves waste time like this anymore but instead become true intellectuals. (I predict in the 22nd century)
If you are a fan of Jacque Fresco, you should know what I mean. Think about it ;)

Dude! You just made racial slurs against me and my people! You deserve to be banned! I don't care how many people are trolls, or whatever else, this is a forum for intellectual discussions and debates, not for racists who call Arabians " sand niggers ". Do you not have the heart to apologize?
TreeHandThing

Postby crzer07 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:38 pm

TreeHandThing wrote:Do you not have the heart to apologize?

Of course, I apologize for your oversensitivity to my jokes and not knowing you're Arabian.
crzer07

Postby Prolite on Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:16 pm

crzer07 wrote:Of course, I apologize for your oversensitivity to my jokes and not knowing you're Arabian.

That's not an apology. You're being disdainfully haughty. Racism is inexplicably disgusting.
Prolite

---------

PreviousNext

Return to The Future