Fate of the World

Off-topic discussions go here!

Fate of the World

Postby Azevo on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:45 am

Hey guys, I don't know if any of you have heard about Fate of the World, I thought it would be of interest to us interested in Futurology, basically, it is a game where you are chosen to lead the world into the future, it deals with apparent 'realistic' scenarios (I'll leave that for you to decide) where you have to make strategies and decisions which impact on the future. I haven't played it yet, was hoping that maybe one of you guys have, the specs seem to be fairly average, am thinking about downloading it off Steam, anyway, here is the site:

And here is some guys review, it's a pretty good idea of what the game is about:

Azevo

Re: Fate of the World

Postby Time_Traveller on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:38 am

Looks good when you get the hang of it, Just bought a copy of it.
Time_Traveller

Postby Azevo on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:07 pm

Oh yeah? How long is one game? It says that 5 years is one turn, how long does it go for? Because you start in 2020, thought it might go till 2100 or something.
Azevo

Postby truthiness on Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:23 am

Downloading it now...

Nice find!
truthiness

Postby Time_Traveller on Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:35 am

When i got on the game you need a key what is the set of numbers/letters you need.
Time_Traveller

Postby truthiness on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:43 pm

Time_Traveller wrote:When i got on the game you need a key what is the set of numbers/letters you need.

When I bought it from the site, they gave me a 15 digit registration key, which came to the email that I gave them when I went through the downloading process.

Its a tough game, but I'm hooked on it - took me two tries to beat the "Rise of Africa" level, and I'm 30 years from beating the second level, but North America and Japan are both facing civil war and famine, Europe and Australia have left me, India is starving, life expectancy in China is 43 years, the Earth is 2.5 degrees warmer, every major resource is past peak and the global economy is going on its 20th year of recession. Other than that, everything's peachy in 2090.
truthiness

Postby Azevo on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:02 am

I still haven't got it yet, will have to wait a bit before I do, but I am very interested in getting it. From what I can tell, it seems if paints an almost grim picture of the world in the future? A kind of hard core realist view.
Azevo

Postby Time_Traveller on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:21 am

Azevo wrote:I still haven't got it yet, will have to wait a bit before I do, but I am very interested in getting it. From what I can tell, it seems if paints an almost grim picture of the world in the future? A kind of hard core realist view.

It should be on the bit where you download the game in your email, just found it and could of gone on the game for the past 3 days.
Time_Traveller

Postby Azevo on Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:18 am

Right, so am currently downloading it from steam, pretty excited eh.
Azevo

Postby Azevo on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:40 am

Very different game, reminds me a lot of civilization. You really do need to focus on the little details of building a society.
Azevo

---------

Next

Return to Off-topic section