Fate of the World

Off-topic discussions go here!

Re: Fate of the World

Postby Time_Traveller on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:27 am

Still stuck on the African mission, whatever i do the Earth keeps on dying at the end.
Time_Traveller

Postby Azevo on Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:36 pm

The first mission?..
Azevo

Postby Time_Traveller on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:56 am

Azevo wrote:The first mission?..

Yes it is, did you do it all ready.
Time_Traveller

Postby truthiness on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:22 pm

I'm working on the third stage now... here's what I've found works at least with the first and second missions...

First, spend all of your money every 5 years, and recruit agents if you find that you have any more than $65 left at the end of a turn

Second, treat problems in this order...

1. Tobin tax everyone you can, and make sure to do whats popular in Tobined countries
2. Ensure stability by using political office options - do this everywhere that is still "unstable"
3. Fix any weather problems (but never use any of the endless weather options, use only the 5 year plans, which are actually permanent)
3a. Use endless weather fixes in Tobined countries if there are no other popular options... these countries are essential
4. Fix any social problems (education, welfare, famine, etc)
5. Fix any resource problems, particularly industry and agriculture resource problems, as these will cause a devastating financial collapse if left untreated
6. Fix any emissions problems (convert transport to electricity, carbon sequestering, etc)
7. Research science
8. Use the red card that raises ecological awareness... this is the secret to long term success... its cheap and is the perfect space filler if nothing else is necessary
9. Complete other long term projects, if any money is left

I'm in 2075 in the third level, and I'm keeping the financial collapse at bay so far... Emissions are a potential problem, but so far so good

Hope that helps
truthiness

---------

Previous

Return to Off-topic section