Freedom Tower Update

Post interesting pics, videos and artwork here.

Freedom Tower Update

Postby on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:27 pm

Sponsored Links

It has been almost 10 years now since the distruction of the Twin Towers.
In my opinion they should have rubuilt the towers but on the other hand i know that this is uthopia. Who would go to work there again?
Here is an update of the work the re-construction of the New World Trade Center

Re: Freedom Tower Update

Postby on Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:25 pm

That's ok but don't update it every day like on a different site. I think the new towers are much better than the old ones. Only one thing disturbes me : why they can't be higher?

Sponsored links

Postby on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:32 pm

Kynareth wrote:That's ok but don't update it every day like on a different site. I think the new towers are much better than the old ones. Only one thing disturbes me : why they can't be higher?

At this time I have much other work to do rather then to update it everyday but here and then I will. Maybe in few months.

I really miss the old towers instead. For me who I lived in the US, I have personal memories related to them, like many New Yorkers on the other hand. The symbolism behind them is very strong. It was the center of the world, they were also representing the efforts of the work of many immigrants who built them, they were the background of many historical movies, they represent the old economic success of America etc etc..Re-building them would have give a very powerfull message to the world but now what is done is done..

Why they cant be higher? the reason is simple, it is because pepole and projectors still may think about the equation "the higher the bigger is the tragedy" in case it will ever occur. Pepole just would feel unconfortable to live and workin in a very high building that previously has been a tragedy site. At least what New Yorkers told me not a long time ago. Even tho The new world trade center wont have any attack similar to septemer 11th. It is just parnaoia.

Postby on Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:25 am

Plus the market for building really tall buildings is gone. Even this had to be pushed.

Postby on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:28 pm

---------

Return to Visions