Future of Activism/Advocacy

General discussions about future technology and the human race.

Future of Activism/Advocacy

Postby crzer07 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:03 am

So how would change be brought about in the future? Right now the method is through social movements, revolutions, and activist organizations, and any other radical/extreme and passionate measures. (violent and non-violent alike)

Maybe in the future do you think ideas and concepts will be heard more easily? And also will the authorities and people in power willing to listen more and be more democratic?

Maybe in the future the way society move from point A to point B will be easier and smooth, with people being more open-minded. What do you think?
crzer07

Re: Future of Activism/Advocacy

Postby Italian Ufo on Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:22 pm

when in the future you mean exactly? That is a bit vague. My guess is that for the next 2 centuries the methods of protests will be exactly the same as we have today. Demostrations, Parades,Riots,Strike and art.

In the 23th century we might have a global democacy where we can all vote togheter by connecting our brains and make decisions instantly. We will vote as a single body. AI intelligence will be able to collect all the social isues and problems we have and then put them on the voting agenda. Later on in the future AI will even vote for us and decide what is good or bad but I cant really imagine how that would be possible.
I forecast that one of the biggest problems will have it will the integration be between those who wants to remain biological and those who wants to up-grade themselves, but i am sure many others problematics will be raised as well.

However, I must add that today pepole are easy to be manipulated and activism and social protests are not conistent as before, i dont know if we will have another era like the one of 1960-1970s or beggining 1980s. I dislike violence, but actully I really appreciate what pepole are doing in North Africa, they are an example to be followed.

[color=#80FFBF]WOODSTOCK TELLS YOU EVERYTHING[/color]
Italian Ufo

Postby ExplorerAtHeart on Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:27 pm

My dad grew up 5 miles from were woodstock happened.
ExplorerAtHeart

Postby Italian Ufo on Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:04 pm

ExplorerAtHeart wrote:My dad grew up 5 miles from were woodstock happened.

Your dad is a very lucky :lol: I wish I was in that crowd and scream about peace and the hypocrisy of extreme capitalism
Italian Ufo

---------

Return to The Future