Get rid of fictitious material on the timeline

Suggestions for improving the timeline at futuretimeline.net

Re: Get rid of fictitious material on the timeline

Postby TreeHandThing on Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:58 am

Oh. Ok lol :mrgreen:
TreeHandThing

Postby TreeHandThing on Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:43 pm

wjfox2009 wrote:I agree with some of the stuff you say here. Sorry I've been busy lately, too busy to give a detailed reply - I will try to address your points later today or tomorrow.

Hello??
TreeHandThing

Postby Tumaini09 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:25 am

TreeHandThing wrote:...saying that Venus will have " lush tropical oceans ", and having " two dominant landmasses called Aphrodite and Ishtar " is like supporting astrology. Saying that Venus will have two landmasses with detailed names is fictitious, not optimistic.

The Venusian placenames Will uses are NOT fictional - they are names by the International Astronomical Union, features mapped by radar on orbiting space probes.

Aprodite and Ishtar are the two largest highland regions: if Venus had oceans, those areas would be exposed and resemble Earthly continents in size (although in fact, Venus shows no evidence of continental drift or plate tectonics - the surface is dominated by huge volcanic features, and seems to have been globally resurfaced about 800 million year s ago). As Venus itself is named after the Roman godess of love, its surface features are all named for female mythological characters.

TreeHandThing wrote:First of all, to survive the Martian atmosphere, all you have to do is genetically engineer the human body. No need for terraforming.

Adapting humans to a new planet is known as - it's been described in science fiction, just like terraforming.
Tumaini09

Postby TreeHandThing on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:33 am

Tumaini09 wrote:The Venusian placenames Will uses are NOT fictional - they are names by the International Astronomical Union, features mapped by radar on orbiting space probes.

Aprodite and Ishtar are the two largest highland regions: if Venus had oceans, those areas would be exposed and resemble Earthly continents in size (although in fact, Venus shows no evidence of continental drift or plate tectonics - the surface is dominated by huge volcanic features, and seems to have been globally resurfaced about 800 million year s ago). As Venus itself is named after the Roman godess of love, its surface features are all named for female mythological characters.

Hmmm...I guess that makes sense.

Adapting humans to a new planet is known as - it's been described in science fiction, just like terraforming.

Very cool. I thought that I was the first one who came up with that idea :mrgreen:

Just going into a robotic body that doesn't need air, only power, would allow you to survive on Mars.
TreeHandThing

---------

Previous

Return to Brainstorm