Global economic collapse this summer?

Latest news, scientific discoveries and world events.

Re: Global economic collapse this summer?

Postby Prolite on Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:10 am

Azevo wrote:You mean a "global north" recession..

People on tv keep saying global recession. And since the US's GDP is the highest in the world, and considering interest rates in the US affect banks everywhere -- as seen in the current recession (which is global by the way), I suspect it will hurt the world's economy.
Prolite

Postby Wesfky on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:02 pm

Prolite wrote:
Azevo wrote:You mean a "global north" recession..

People on tv keep saying global recession. And since the US's GDP is the highest in the world, and considering interest rates in the US affect banks everywhere -- as seen in the current recession (which is global by the way), I suspect it will hurt the world's economy.

What recession are you talking about? - Australia
Wesfky

Postby Tumaini09 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:29 pm

It's just scaremongering... probably an attempt to make people reject carbon emission curbs, banking reforms or any other kind of economic change.
Tumaini09

Postby Azevo on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:25 am

I think we live in pessimistic times (again), and there will always be fear of something. There are always going to be scenarios where the world is going to go into complete chaos, mostly portrayed by the media, a source of misinforming journalist twats. The other ones who are portraying these scenarios are either people with no legitimacy behind their claims or people who are speculating in it to find ways to avoid it. I think the media, the main driving force in fear these days, they will never emphasise the amount of thought and work that goes into avoiding these situations, as it just won't sell.
Azevo

---------

Previous

Return to In the news