I am speaking to the guys of Zeitgeist movement

Off-topic discussions go here!

I am speaking to the guys of Zeitgeist movement

Postby Italian Ufo on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:43 am

They are so nice and they give great explications! I so wish this project could become reality! It is my best wish. This place could become in few years similar to the heaven described in ancient mythologies. It is there! We dont develop it!
Italian Ufo

Re: I am speaking to the guys of Zeitgeist movement

Postby Nick1984 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:44 pm

Isn't this just communism?

There's only one way to achieve equality, and that is to stamp on everyone with a jackboot.
Nick1984

Postby wjfox2009 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:42 pm

Nick1984 wrote:Isn't this just communism?

No - it's called "common sense", "fairness" and "sustainability".

Would you prefer the current system of obscene wealth divides, greed, corruption and exponential growth based on the assumption of infinite resources? That's just total insanity, and will ultimately lead to the destruction of every living thing on the planet.

The Zeitgeist movement goes beyond politics. In a globalised world of limited resources, it's the only system that makes complete logical sense.

Nick1984 wrote:
There's only one way to achieve equality, and that is to stamp on everyone with a jackboot.

That's just total, utter bollocks.

You only need to look at the setting presented in Star Trek to realise this. With sufficient progress in science and technology, nobody needs to be "stamped on with a jackboot".
wjfox2009
Site Admin

Postby crzer07 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:47 pm

ah you support TVP and a 'resource-based economy'. so where would it fit in the timeline?
crzer07

Postby wjfox2009 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:16 pm

I'm working on a piece at the moment which deals with resource-based economies. I think capitalism will start to collapse in the period 2025-2050. A massive collapse of the current system is inevitable. Peak Oil will be the main driving factor, with an accompanying food/water crisis. There's also peak metal, peak phosphorous and other issues... There are going to be millions (possibly billions) of deaths before a truly global resource-based economy is in place... so perhaps around 2050-2075. One thing's for sure, our current system is utterly unsustainable - that is clear.
wjfox2009
Site Admin

Postby ExplorerAtHeart on Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:21 pm

I am attracted to the idea, i have known about it for a few years. A more accurate term for the idea would be Abundance Based Economy.
ExplorerAtHeart

Postby crzer07 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:29 pm

wjfox2009 wrote:I'm working on a piece at the moment which deals with resource-based economies. I think capitalism will start to collapse in the period 2025-2050. A massive collapse of the current system is inevitable. Peak Oil will be the main driving factor, with an accompanying food/water crisis. There's also peak metal, peak phosphorous and other issues... There are going to be millions (possibly billions) of deaths before a truly global resource-based economy is in place... so perhaps around 2050-2075. One thing's for sure, our current system is utterly unsustainable - that is clear.

If you do that then you would need to alter some of the things in the 22nd century about information-based currency and virtual goods. I mean you are talking about no money and everything becoming free and abundance with RBE right.
crzer07

Postby Italian Ufo on Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:35 pm

This is just music for my ears!!! I Love you guys!!! You give me so much hope.

I am tired of living in a world which has prisons, stupid psychiatric hospitals,murders and so on
We have to cure the causes not only the "symptoms"

I am tired to see a Mafia boss that has money and consequently can pay for his hearth surgery and be saved while children or very good pepole will be dieing because cant afford the same type of surgery.

I am tired to see beautiful ladies prostituting themselves and so on. We are so primitive. The things that upset me is that our intellectualy and conscousness is developed already enough to distinguish what could be good for bad for humanity.

Nick, communism failed just as capitalism and fascism and in part anarchy. Marxism/Communism was a very good idea but it had social classes,money and armies. Zeitgeist is a revolution which it will eliminate social classes,sufference,money and make us have almost everything we need. Plus without a money intrest, medicine and scientific progress will boost and resources and welfare could be come illimitated for any kind of exigences.
In such societym we need just one army like the UN to guard peace and we could live in harmony!!!

Although, i think that this revoulton has to be at first either political or violent unfortunally. I dont think internet or demostrations or debate will be enough for change.

In any case I will do everything to support this movment and it will be nice if this site would coperate with the intiative Zeitgeist. Who wants to follow me it is more then welcome!
Italian Ufo

Postby ExplorerAtHeart on Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:07 pm

Instead of revolution is like to use the world Evolution. In a revolution you put the same thing back again, in an evolution you change.
ExplorerAtHeart

Postby Nick1984 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:03 pm

Communism failed because of humanity's selfish/greedy nature. Evolution would have been impossible without these traits.

What substances will they have to put in the water to control these traits in your utopia?
Nick1984

---------

Next

Return to Off-topic section