I am speaking to the guys of Zeitgeist movement

Off-topic discussions go here!

Re: I am speaking to the guys of Zeitgeist movement

Postby Nick1984 on Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:36 am

Watching the Star Trek video. Id love if the world could be like that, sadly, when most people cannot improve insecurities take control, people resort to elevating their status by sabotaging people around them, bullying them, bein malicious ect... maybe the best path for humans is something less natural?

Slightly off topic, has anyone been watching Civilization: Is the West History lately? Wash episode basically covers one of 6 'killer apps' that has lead to the modern age in America and Europe, and compares them to the rest of the world which lacked these...

1. Competition (capitalism, war)
2. Science (as opposed to religion)
3. Democracy (factions)
4. Medicine
5. Consumerism (greed)
6. Work ethic

Without these, we'd be living third world life styles. The reason Asia and South America are now modernising and catching up is that they've 'downloaded' (copied) these killer apps.
Nick1984

Postby Wesfky on Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:16 pm

I know what the Zeitgeist movement is but can anyone be so nice to explain to me how a resource based economy works.
Currently I just think of it being the use of finite resources as a form of currency instead of money.
Wesfky

Postby ExplorerAtHeart on Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:08 pm

The intelligent management of finite resources to support a whole population. The RBE believes there are enough resources on the Earth to support the human population and that current scarcity is artificial due to the monetary system.
ExplorerAtHeart

Postby Italian Ufo on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:36 pm

I am amazed for how many pepole know about Zeitgeist nowdays. Only 5-6 years ago nobody did not know anything about it. Now to who ever I speak of it, they know what I am talking about.
They should do something written but then it would sound a lot like the "Manifesto" therefore it would attract so many pepole.
Maybe pepole should start to advertise in the street like on commercial screens( Time Aquare for Example), orginize more conference etc etc. But of course I am sure some pepole would not even allow that.
Italian Ufo

Postby Azevo on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 am

I never really bought into the Zeitgeist movement, it seems like a nice idea, from I have found there seems to be to many confusions within the movement for anything solid to actually happen, pity really.
Azevo

Postby Nick1984 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:40 pm

I don't understand why it's called a 'Resource Based ECONOMY', what will there be to trade when all global commodities are centrally managed.
Nick1984

Postby Azevo on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:54 pm

Nick1984 wrote:I don't understand why it's called a 'Resource Based ECONOMY', what will there be to trade when all global commodities are centrally managed.

To me it sounded like we'd trade labour or our "contribution" to society in turn for food, house, cars, t.v's or whatever. I dunno, maybe I wasn't paying enough attention, it seemed to be a "we'll figure it out when we get there" kind of ordeal.
Azevo

---------

Previous

Return to Off-topic section