Sarif Industries

Post interesting pics, videos and artwork here.

Sarif Industries

Postby wjfox2009 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:16 pm

wjfox2009
Site Admin

Re: Sarif Industries

Postby Nick1984 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:07 pm

Deus Ex :)
Nick1984

Postby Italian Ufo on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:00 am

I wonder if we will put some limit to all these things. I always keep present the fact that if we all become superman, diversity will be reudced and world could become a giant compiuter where individuality is not exhisting, indeed the distruction. What will happen to merits to achieve goals in life? diversity?
everyone will jump against me now, but it may happen that at one point humanity will forbid certain technologies.
As Buddha used to say " Extremes are not good, we must find the way in the middle" And I agree with that, finding the right balance between nature and technology is what will makes humans happy.Even tho I must say that this is a very complex argument
Last edited by Italian Ufo on Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Italian Ufo

Postby Nick1984 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:31 am

Couldn't have put that better myself UFO.
Nick1984

Postby Kynareth on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:47 pm

Italian Ufo wrote:I wonder if we will put some limit to all these things. I always keep present the fact that if we all become superman, diversity will be reudced and world could become a giant compiuter where individuality is not exhistend indeed the distruction. What will happen to marits to achieve goals in life? diversity?
everyone will jump against me now, but it may happen that at one point humanity will forbid certain technologies.
As Buddha used to say " Extremes are not good, we must find the way in the middle" And I agree with that, finding the right balance between nature and technology is what will makes humans happy.Even tho I must say that this is a very complex argument

There's something true in what you're saying.
Kynareth

Postby Random Guy on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:31 am

I like Buddhism.
Random Guy

Location: Sector 7, District of New York, United States of America

Postby Azevo on Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:27 am

Italian Ufo wrote:I wonder if we will put some limit to all these things. I always keep present the fact that if we all become superman, diversity will be reudced and world could become a giant compiuter where individuality is not exhisting, indeed the distruction. What will happen to merits to achieve goals in life? diversity?

It seems like you are talking about the Yuck argument here, yes?
Azevo

Postby Italian Ufo on Tue May 03, 2011 12:42 am

Azevo wrote:
Italian Ufo wrote:I wonder if we will put some limit to all these things. I always keep present the fact that if we all become superman, diversity will be reudced and world could become a giant compiuter where individuality is not exhisting, indeed the distruction. What will happen to merits to achieve goals in life? diversity?

It seems like you are talking about the Yuck argument here, yes?

What you mean by Yuck argument? Thats the way I see things
Italian Ufo

Postby Azevo on Thu May 05, 2011 11:19 am

Italian Ufo wrote:
What you mean by Yuck argument? Thats the way I see things

I would recommend reading Kass, sounds kinda like something he would say. I understand you're an academic yes? Search "The Wisdom of Repugnance" AND "Leon Kass" in a journal finder or database if it would interest you.

It essentially is the thought if people find something repugnant then it probably should be avoided, but of course there is much more to it.
Azevo

---------

Return to Visions