Sonic Showers?

Suggestions for improving the timeline at futuretimeline.net

Sonic Showers?

Postby Time_Traveller on Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:09 am

I think that the Sonic Shower will be invented about the mid-late 23rd Cenuries around 2250-75.

Time_Traveller

Re: Sonic Showers?

Postby Italian Ufo on Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:20 pm

what is a sonic shower exactly?
Italian Ufo

Postby truthiness on Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:51 pm

Time_Traveller wrote:I think that the Sonic Shower will be invented about the mid-late 23rd Cenuries around 2250-75.

I hope by then we'll have better plot devices to serve as an excuse to get the female characters of our favorite sci-fi shows naked.

Ever watch Enterprise? T'Pol or Hoshi Soto (or both) are naked in one of those things in every other episode.

Not that I'm complaining.
truthiness

Postby wjfox2009 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:01 pm

Time_Traveller wrote:I think that the Sonic Shower will be invented about the mid-late 23rd Cenuries around 2250-75.

Most humans by then will be non-biological. They won't need to wash themselves. Their bodies will automatically prevent any dirt/bacteria accumulating.
wjfox2009
Site Admin

Postby Time_Traveller on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:34 pm

Italian Ufo wrote:what is a sonic shower exactly?

Italian Ufo The sonic shower was a technology that uses sonic pulse vibrations to remove dirt and grime from a humanoid body, also look at these websites: - and.

Please can you delete this post, WJ.
Last edited by Time_Traveller on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time_Traveller

Postby Time_Traveller on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:38 pm

truthiness wrote:

I hope by then we'll have better plot devices to serve as an excuse to get the female characters of our favorite sci-fi shows naked.

Ever watch Enterprise? T'Pol or Hoshi Soto (or both) are naked in one of those things in every other episode.

Not that I'm complaining.

Yeah, I got all of them on Dvd and wish i was with one of them in thr shower :D

Italian Ufo wrote:
what is a sonic shower exactly?

Italian Ufo The sonic shower was a technology that uses sonic pulse vibrations to remove dirt and grime from a humanoid body, also look at these websites: - .
Time_Traveller

Postby matturbanowski on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:10 pm

I wish I had one of these now! I hate having showers and having to step out into a freezing cold room afterwards.
Although I can't physically see how it can remove dirt as effectively as water. Seems like something is missing there.

Nano-technology might be able to help though in the distant future!
matturbanowski

Postby Saradus on Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:07 am

matturbanowski wrote:I wish I had one of these now! I hate having showers and having to step out into a freezing cold room afterwards.
Although I can't physically see how it can remove dirt as effectively as water. Seems like something is missing there.

Nano-technology might be able to help though in the distant future!

We have existing technology to solve that problem! In-built full-body dryers in showers. Something like £500 and you can have warm jets of air dry you off after a shower so once you step out into that cold room, you're already dry and can just slip your clothes straight on! If I ever get filthy rich, I'm definitely getting one of these steam showers:

And have them fitted with an air-jet-dryer! The ultimate shower experience! :P
Saradus

---------

Return to Brainstorm