The Fast Food Plague

General discussions about future technology and the human race.

The Fast Food Plague

Postby Random Guy on Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:12 pm

I have more in mind, the catchy title was just to get your attention.
So, what do you think? If anyone was ever seen Food, Inc. or read Fast Food Nation, I'm sure you were practically scared into being a vegan. Who wants to eat ****?

I could imagine some virus spreading through the fast food industry. Imagine if the swine flu occurs in one pig, just one pig, in a slaughter house, and it manages to slip by unnoticed. The pig defecates, and the virus spreads to the other animals in the slaughter house and nearby slaughter houses. Then it goes to Burger King and McDonald's. It spreads among the population. Doctors struggle to get enough vaccine, and hospitals quickly fill up. Then the avian flu occurs in one chicken in a United States slaughter house. The chicken defecates, the virus spreads to other birds, the chickens are killed and served, and the avian flu mutates and reaches the civilian population. The death rate soars as vaccines run out and hospitals fill up. Millions are killed, for the fast food industry is not a lemonade stand. Perhaps genetically engineered plants form Monsanto and other scumbag corporations :evil: also harm civilians.

Global warming increases, leading to more water, more swamps, and more steamy weather, and many more insects that carry diseases. There is an outbreak of West Nile virus on the East coast of the United States and third world countries are assaulted by outbreaks of malaria and dysentery, among other illnesses. Suburban areas with pools are now breeding grounds for mosquitoes.

I also saw on Dr. Oz when I was waiting for my dentist appointment yesterday that the foods we eat may give us Alzheimer's, but I did not stay to see what foods.
Random Guy

Location: Sector 7, District of New York, United States of America

Re: The Fast Food Plague

Postby Random Guy on Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:07 pm

Hello?
Random Guy

Location: Sector 7, District of New York, United States of America

Re: The Fast Food Plague

Postby Azevo on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:50 am

It is all well and good to speculate what could come from the fast food industry, a mass plague of some sort, the affects of the food on the human body etc.

But perhaps the overwhelming question is to understand why people go and eat fast food, I guess the clue would be in the title, it's fast, of course you can say that fast food is because I'm in a rush, or want a quick bite, I have no problem with that, I think the fast food giants have a way with getting people to become a "part" of their brand, by consuming it, you consume the brand, you are now carrying the brand, in your mind and if you enjoyed it, you are willing to endorse it. Person A "Hey that big mac was awesome, and was fast and cheap, you ever had one? Person B "No I have not, I guess you have influenced me to buy one as I trust you are a legitimate bearer of knowledge because I have known you for x years"- Of course that is a really obscure way to describe it, but the jist is there.

I myself avoid McDonalds, KFC, Burger king and Subway like the "plague" ;) But I still do eat out at restaurants, take-away places which are privately owned by one person, maybe the odd one which is a small restaurant chain around the city. I guess you could question if it is any different than the big 4? it might be better for you or fill you up more for less (generally is) But I would fear that people become reliant on it and in the future it is a time where we cannot be creative with our own food palette ourselves. People will not have time to make their food, they will instead have some sort of sponge looking thing which gives you all the daily nutritional needs for the day with an added chemical which stimulates your brain so you have immense joy when you consume it.

I always associate certain foods with good things and bad things. It is kind of like these giant corporate fast food chains are trying to get you to be totally engrossed with their products that you only ever have good memories with their products, the taste, the smell, perhaps the joy you have with people while sitting down having a meal there. Fast food is very crafty at adapting to the different social situations that arise, value menus in the recession is a good example. Making their restaurants look trendy, free Wi-Fi, sponsoring sports teams, community trusts, charities etc. is it just to associate themselves along with their brands with good things?

I could rant on and on, but I feel like many members on this site are being told something they already know. :)
Azevo

---------

Return to The Future