The Future of Medicine

Post interesting pics, videos and artwork here.

The Future of Medicine

Postby wjfox2009 on Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:45 am

wjfox2009
Site Admin

Re: The Future of Medicine

Postby Italian Ufo on Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:23 pm

I wish medical progress will advance in a faster way but with all these cuttings in research and everything make the progress extremely slow. Will see what happens. Just 4-5 years ago they were saying we will have a cure for this but nothing happned.
I hope machines and AI will speed medical research so that soon you dont walk out of a room after you ve heard" there is nothing we can do about your condition".

One thing that should change today is also the medical-patient interaction. This relation is often poor. Patients do not trust physcians and physcians dont listen to patient. Patients therefore respond to therapies in a less effective way as research as partly proven. It seems that the patient when is in a state of relax responds better to therapies as the DNA gets streched. However this new frontiar has still to be understood but medicine is working in that direction. Hospital will be " humanized" in the future.

Check this video to see what I mean ;

Italian Ufo

Postby Kynareth on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:44 pm

The medicine progresses even if some think different. But ya know, when once I told a simple women of genetic code scanning in your bathroom she was astonished that I believed such thing. She thinks that even if it will happen , it's a matter of many decades, like 70-80 years. For sure after our lives, maybe our grandchildren will see such future she says. She finds out childish to believe in such things. :shock: I was thinking what would she have said if I had told her that I believe we'll able to stop the aging process in the next 60 years and that I hope I will live long enough to see 22nd century (I'm still young).
I don't think much will change in the medicine in this decade. Probably a few diseases will be curable, like jaundice for example but not really huge leaps. But the bionics will be much more advanced in 9 years. We'll see less blind people , because of eyes implants and bionic eyes with high resolution, less people on wheelchairs. More prosthetic legs and arms etc. Even the bionic kidney and liver will be avaible. Nose probably too :)
I think that before the year 2021 the first person will have something from Organ Printer transplanted. Although it will still be very expensive.

Natural transplanted teeth by 2020. Stem cells treatment by 2025. First Genetically modified children by 2040. Nanobots/Microbots treatment by 2050. Possibility of transplanting everything apart from brain to a machine by 2060. With brain by 2110. Noone dies from diseases by 2150. Death is something extraordinary (apart from VR - games) by 2160.
Kynareth

Postby crzer07 on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:35 pm

I believe as for aging our current lifespan will remain the same for the next 80-100 years (for the average person), even though advances in medical technology were developed. The upper class may have an extended lifespan much sooner. That may create a social divide, where the rich will be healthy and young outliving the rest of the population. But the grips that the elites hold may loosen in 2100 the earliest realistically speaking.
crzer07

Postby Prolite on Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:37 am

All of you are making predictions, but you might as well just play the lottery and hope to get lucky because that's about as lucky you'll get when trying to predict the future, especially beyond 50 years. It's possible an Einstein in genetics will be delivered to humanity, or maybe not.
Prolite

Postby Kynareth on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:26 am

I thought we were on FutureTimeline forum, weren't we ? It's normal to make predictions here.
As for Einstein I think that a group work of thousands of scientists during many decades will bring us miracles, no next Einstein is needed.
Kynareth

Postby Italian Ufo on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:56 pm

just the other day, we had a conference on stem cells in my department, the title of the Conference was "a New heart with Stem cells" ​​several ethnographies were made on topic.
it emerged that no one knows yet whether the stem cells repair or regenerate some specific tissues. treatments are highly experimental and not yet secure.
I predict that over the next 10-15 years, the stem will be used more, but will not be a remedy for all ills. the road ahead is lstill very long
Italian Ufo

Postby Italian Ufo on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:58 pm

just the other day, we had a conference on stem cells in my anthropology department, the title of the conferece was "a New heart with Stem cells" ​​several ethnographies on topic have been made and it seems no one knows yet whether the stem cells regenerate or just repair some tissues. believe it or not this is still a problem according to what pyhsicians say. treatments are highly experimental and not yet secure.
I predict that over the next 10-15 years, the stem will be used more, but will not be a remedy for all ills. the road ahead is long
Italian Ufo

Postby Prolite on Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:10 pm

Kynareth wrote:I thought we were on FutureTimeline forum, weren't we ? It's normal to make predictions here.
As for Einstein I think that a group work of thousands of scientists during many decades will bring us miracles, no next Einstein is needed.

In regards to predictions, you missed the point. Predictions are just opinions. But don't incite them as facts. Giving specific dates to when things are going to happen or when you predict them to happen is just a lousy opinion. And your opinion stinks. Einstein figured out the mathematics to general relativity and special relativity; the science of the atom. Much of the physics we have today is possible because of Einstein's equations. If it weren't for Einstein, we would still probably be struggling like a bunch of rats trying to figure out the nature of energy. So in regards to "thousands of scientists working", is an ignorant statement. Read up on Newton, Darwin, Galileo, and other geniuses delivered to humanity. How can you decry such a historical and significant figure such as Einstein!? i.e.: "No next Einstein is needed". What a haughty position to advocate. You might as well be a preacher in a Church. :lol:
Prolite

Postby Kynareth on Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:32 am

To be precise, It's only my opinion, and even more : i'm sure i'm wrong. Predicting the future is a very hard thing . I don't see those dates as a prophecy. It's a positivly thinking about the future medicine without overstatement.
But , really thinking realistically, reality is often brutal and the progress may be slower than I predict. We may not live that long to see those miracles. I'm considering it too.
Ok, I was not completely right. The next Einstein would of course help, but medicine is not the same as physics. We don't need such theories here, thousands of hard-working scientists , doing experiments over decades might succed in the same work as one super-genius would. Apart from that, maybe this genius is a young boy/girl now and we'll see his/her rise in the next decade ?
Kynareth

---------

Next

Return to Visions