The Past

Suggestions for improving the timeline at futuretimeline.net

The Past

Postby wjfox2009 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:24 am

Would you guys be interested in a Past/History sub-forum, or should we just have future-related stuff only?
wjfox2009
Site Admin

Re: The Past

Postby Time_Traveller on Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:34 am

I'd be interested in the Past Sub Forum wjfox where theres Past Technology, Wars etc.
Time_Traveller

Postby Italian Ufo on Tue May 03, 2011 12:44 am

I will have to think about that, but mostly I think we should talk only about the future
Italian Ufo

Postby Saradus on Tue May 03, 2011 1:03 am

I personally wouldn't be too interested in a past section, but then I've never been one for history (except really ancient history and Far Eastern history, cause that's when/where all the cool stuff happened ;) )
Saradus

Postby ExplorerAtHeart on Tue May 03, 2011 11:29 am

A past/history sub-forum would be great!

Clues to the future lie in the past!
ExplorerAtHeart

Postby truthiness on Tue May 03, 2011 9:19 pm

Sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure if I'm crazy about a general "The Past" forum... Would we be discussing human evolution, or British monarchs, or advances in printing techniques? I think it would need a little push for direction... something like "Patterns and Trends", where we might discuss how events in the past and present may lead directly to future developments. If that is too similar to the existing "The Future" forum, how about something like "Roads Not Taken", for Alt History buffs where we might debate how the world might look if the Chinese had colonized Africa and America during the Ming Dynasty instead of or in addition to the Europeans (these discussions can often be illuminating when considering how things may progress from here). Another possibility might be something like "Lessons Learned", where we might draw connections between events in the past and events that may transpire in the future - slavery, revolutions, crop management, wealth distribution - that sort of thing. In any case, I think its a great idea, and I think it should be established in such a way that it doesn't clash with the site's overall orientation toward the future.
truthiness

Postby ExplorerAtHeart on Wed May 04, 2011 1:46 am

A general history forum would include all of that. One section.
ExplorerAtHeart

---------

Return to Brainstorm