Time Machines

General discussions about future technology and the human race.

Time Machines

Postby TreeHandThing on Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:42 am

Something about the future that I cannot get my mind off of is time travel. The timeline doesn't even touch time travel. How do you guys think that time travel will be invented? Do you think that we will eventually have time tourists? When do you think that time travel will be invented? My best guess is around 1,500,000 AD.
TreeHandThing

Re: Time Machines

Postby crzer07 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:12 am

lol i was about to make a thread about this... nice job :lol:

but I was thinking before we hit Type 3 status depending on the progress of the excited energy we are able to control... or how early we can achieve FTL travel... before a million years the latest before time travel is feasible?
crzer07

Postby Time_Traveller on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:14 am

Yeah i think Man Kind will invent it, a bit like Dr Who.

Time_Traveller

Postby Italian Ufo on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:01 am

Really hard to predict that one.

I heard that in 1997 presumbly they where able to send some music notes in the past according to an Italian Magazine. I was shocked about that new.

It is hard to predict if we will have time toursists. This is an ethical question as well.

What about UFOS? Could they be possible us from the future travelling back in time?
Italian Ufo

Postby MissTomorrow on Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:44 pm

If time travel ever WILL BE invented, then our past history would alredy be full of time travelers. at the time & place of every great event or disaster there'd have been more future tourists present than people of that time. I say that proves it never will be possible.

Or maybe it is, but you cannot go back to before your time machine was built. Those pesky time tourists from the far futurre wil start showing up the day the 1st time machine starts working. so theres no point making it your life's work to invent a time machine if you want to go back & save a dead lover, or stop the 9-11 bombings, or kill Hitler as a kid or whatever...
MissTomorrow

Postby wjfox2009 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:58 pm

Type 3 civilisation or later. Probably a few million years from now. I'll write about it eventually.
wjfox2009
Site Admin

Postby ExplorerAtHeart on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:40 pm

Or maybe it is, but you cannot go back to before your time machine was built. Those pesky time tourists from the far futurre wil start showing up the day the 1st time machine starts working. so theres no point making it your life's work to invent a time machine if you want to go back & save a dead lover, or stop the 9-11 bombings, or kill Hitler as a kid or whatever...

Thats the ahahaha of time travel.
ExplorerAtHeart

Postby crzer07 on Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:33 am

MissTomorrow wrote:If time travel ever WILL BE invented, then our past history would alredy be full of time travelers. at the time & place of every great event or disaster there'd have been more future tourists present than people of that time. I say that proves it never will be possible.

crzer07

Postby TreeHandThing on Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:46 am

People who travel to the past are part of the past. This means that you can't change events in the past, but you are part of them. The titanic probably sank because of the extra weight of thousands of time travellers who came to rescue it :D

Read more:
TreeHandThing

---------

Return to The Future