We will invent new foods and drinks in this century?

General discussions about future technology and the human race.

We will invent new foods and drinks in this century?

Postby Italian Ufo on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:03 am

The last 2 previous centuries 19th-20th we say the creation of many new type of food to cite some; Powerade,Coke,different kinds of Chocolate Bars,Pizza etc etc. I was wondering if we will as well. I know different type of cusines are emerging, like in Texas there is a resturant that mixs Chinese with Mexican food. But I am actully wondering if we will create an original type of food in this century. We dont seem really creative now in culinariety.
Please express your opinion.
Italian Ufo

Re: We will invent new foods and drinks in this century?

Postby wjfox2009 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:00 am

I believe this will certainly be achieved. Once nano-fabrication becomes available, it will be possible to recreate an almost infinite variety of food types, just by rearranging their molecular structure. This would solve the problem of chocolate shortages. :D
wjfox2009
Site Admin

Postby crzer07 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:19 pm

Do you mean invent by style or basic elementary substance of food?

I wonder the method of cooking or making food will change dramatically, probably instantaneously by way of nano-replicators. and then the information to create it is the recipe. I see it as long as we retain our taste and olfactor sensation food will always be an art.
crzer07

Postby Italian Ufo on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:06 am

Lol I wish nanobots would reproduce a real italian pizza from Naples now! You dont know how much I miss it over here lol!
Italian Ufo

---------

Return to The Future