Will AI take over all of humanity's jobs?

General discussions about future technology and the human race.

Re: Will AI take over all of humanity's jobs?

Postby Italian Ufo on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:58 am

Prolite wrote:
Italian Ufo wrote:@ Prolite
Sorry what ontology has to do with this ? Why everybody will have to be reach' I dont get it. When me a Bill gates go to the super market and use the credit card do we still have the same "virtual money" in our bank accounts?

What do rich people have to do with businesses that don't use paper money? Most Businesses depend on people whom are not wealthy. It's a cultural/economic thing since poor people and lower middle class people can't afford their iphones and shiny gadgets to become early adopters of technology. Secondly, it costs more money to pay with a credit card for the BUSINESS, not necessarily for the consumer. And in the case with gasoline, it actually behooves the customer to pay with cash at the gas pump than with credit cards because the customer can avert paying certain taxes. It's about 10-15 centers per gallon cheaper by paying with cash. Also, cash relates to physical money such as gold and silver. I don't think gold and silver or copper is going away any time soon.

No sorry Prolite, we are degenerating here, we are tottal out of road. it dosent make me anysense.

I-phones in the only 10 years you could throw them out of the window when your girlfriend makes u mad. Same in 10 years from now i would crush this compiuter with a punch when i read this stuff and go to an HP store and buy one for 1 dollar.Thats how the future is like.
Banks will make you pay very minimum in the future for usuing credit cars. here at least in italy if i pay with card the gasoline it dosent make any sense. dont think of present, think how it is going to be. And who pays with gold and silver today?
Italian Ufo

Postby Prolite on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:06 am

Italian Ufo wrote:I-phones in the only 10 years you could throw them out of the window when your girlfriend makes u mad. Same in 10 years from now i would crush this compiuter with a punch when i read this stuff and go to an HP store and buy one for 1 dollar.Thats how the future is like.
Banks will make you pay very minimum in the future for usuing credit cars. here at least in italy if i pay with card the gasoline it dosent make any sense. dont think of present, think how it is going to be. And who pays with gold and silver today?

I don't know how it is in your part of the world, as I've only been to Rome once, but I can tell you that in the United States, everything mentioned in the prior post is true and will remain true for a very long time. Also, the only reason why cash has a value is because our governments back them up with gold, bonds, or currency. Why would a government decide that it's no longer a good idea to have cash as a physical currency? If any country in the world did this, their entire economy would collapse. Why do you keep arguing with me about business? Obviously you're a neophyte when it comes to these matters... :lol:
Prolite

Postby Italian Ufo on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:28 am

Prolite wrote:
Italian Ufo wrote:I-phones in the only 10 years you could throw them out of the window when your girlfriend makes u mad. Same in 10 years from now i would crush this compiuter with a punch when i read this stuff and go to an HP store and buy one for 1 dollar.Thats how the future is like.

I don't know how it is in your part of the world, as I've only been to Rome once, but I can tell you that in the United States, everything mentioned in the prior post is true and will remain true for a very long time. Also, the only reason why cash has a value is because our governments back them up with gold, bonds, or currency. Why would a government decide that it's no longer a good idea to have cash as a physical currency? If any country in the world did this, their entire economy would collapse. Why do you keep arguing with me about business? Obviously you're a neophyte when it comes to these matters... :lol:

I might be neophte about buisness but i know that governements wont have such a decision. Does tell you the governement to dont pay with credit card?
The revolution in eliminating money will be cultural and it wont start by the state-governements. Nobody will never wake up and say lets not use phyiscial currency today it will gradual but we will get there really soon.

Virtual money and phyisical money wont make any difference except for commodity, so gold bonds etc will be backed up anyway. it also should be mentioned that virtual money started in 1950 with the credit card and largely incresead in the 80s, and even worsening now! no econmy suffered because of this
Italian Ufo

Postby Italian Ufo on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:40 am

Eric Schmidt of Google has announced a new Android cell phone will be equipped with mobile payment systems. Eric Schmidt, chief executive of Google, shows a cell phone with new Android, which is equipped with a chip (chip) that will allow users to make payments through their handsets. Similarly, as quoted from the Telegraph on Wednesday (11/17/2010).

When opening the annual meeting of the ‘Web 2.0 Summit’ in San Francisco, Schmidt showed the new android cell phone, and is equipped with a chip from the Near Field Communication, which will allow the people make payments via their mobile phones, as well as credit cards.

The latest version of Android, which is referred to as the ‘Gingerbread’ will be launched in coming weeks, will feature the latest payment systems as a key tool. “This could replace your credit card,” said Schmidt.
The users will need an NFC chip and OS Android Gingerbread to enable this technology. Of NFC technology allows users to download their phone-tap on a symbol or an item in the world to create an action is successful, such as making a payment.

Schmidt stressed that Google now has not had any cooperation with one party for the release of this product, but Google will work with developers third party payment processor. In addition, he also said that Google will not take personal data through a credit card transaction via the cell phone. You can waiting for new android cell phone on the market.

Italian Ufo

Postby Italian Ufo on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:45 am

It is starting and increasing! Already in the US some taxi accept similar forms of payment. One day u ll go to a store cashier wont be there, simply before you leave you will have to scan your phone. Just like in italy the last phone boots that lasted ask for old phone cards not coins.
later in the future i forecast that eyes scanning, digit printing or dna reconition could be used as a tool for payment. Wallets will disappear, just as pepole starts to wear less watches now. look at kids now, not many have them watches on their whirsts, it is on the celphone.

Trust me it will start really soon!
Italian Ufo

Postby Saradus on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:39 am

I still wear a watch because its just a nice thing to have! But I do agree that functionally it no longer has a purpose. As for wallets, they're a big bulk in my pockets that I'd be happy to do without. Bring on mobile payment! It's about time really, Japan's been doing it for a while.
Saradus

Postby Italian Ufo on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:54 am

oh yes watches are nice! I agree with that!
Italian Ufo

---------

Previous

Return to The Future