Will Biological Humans be respected in the Future?

General discussions about future technology and the human race.

Will Biological Humans be respected in the Future?

Postby Italian Ufo on Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:25 pm

I plan to be a super biolocal human in the future. in the sense i wont become a Robot but rather i will be a cyborg.
There will be moments in my life where i just want to be completely biological and i wonder if areas where biological humans can live peacefully will be created or if we will still be respected. In some extreme cases i will change my body complitely but again I will be more biological then not.
Italian Ufo

Re: Will Biological Humans be respected in the Future?

Postby ExplorerAtHeart on Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:34 am

Here is an article/entry from Orion's Arm scifi project.

Human baselines humans who are still at the level of Homo sapiens sapiens, and may be regarded with with pity or disdain by more typical sapient beings. Some are luddites, or members of religions that prohibit genetic engineering, or human supremacists, or other, often disenfranchised, minorities within larger societies. There are also a number of isolated habitats and polities, and even some reserves and parks, inhabited almost solely by baseline humans. Their population is extremely small in terms of the overall galaxy; probably less than fifty billion, most in so-called 'Baseline Reserves'. Of these, no more than half a percent can be genomically "pure" H. s. sapiens without a trace of nearbaseline human heritage.

Their numbers have been slowly but steadily declining over the past several millennia, both in absolute and relative terms. In part this is due to competition, and in part to the fact that human baseline populations tend to evolve into nearbaselines, tweaks, or cyborgs as individuals or whole societies seek to improve their lot. On this account, many consider the original human species to be endangered. However, baseline hu have shown themselves to be remarkably fecund in the appropriate environment.
ExplorerAtHeart

Postby TreeHandThing on Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:55 am

Italian Ufo wrote:I plan to be a super biolocal human in the future. in the sense i wont become a Robot but rather i will be a cyborg.
There will be moments in my life where i just want to be completely biological and i wonder if areas where biological humans can live peacefully will be created or if we will still be respected. In some extreme cases i will change my body complitely but again I will be more biological then not.

In my opinion, we do need some pure biologicals to preserve our species.

Homo sapiens is a result of 4.5 billion years of natural evolution. Out of all of our fellow species that exist on the Earth, we are the most intelligent.

We are adapted for the savannas of Africa, with an upright stance, an oddly constructed pelvis, and specialized feet for walking bipedally. Like many mammals of Africa, we are near-hairless, to allow for many sweat glands. With highly dexterous hands, we can grasp and manipulate objects. We are one of the best long-distance runners in the animal kingdom.

Our species is beautiful. With so many people uploading their minds into robotic bodies, Homo sapiens could become extinct. The only thing left behind will be their consciousness.

I happen to agree with you, UFO, that I won't be a 100% robotic human in the future. It's not like I am against enhancement of the body. I would get bionic eyes that give me great night vision like a cat, as well as let me see in infrared and ultraviolet. I would merge my brain with AI, and I would replace all of my organs with more efficient technological ones. Nanobots would constantly swim through my bloodstream. I would also amplify my strength with robotic limb implants. There is something on the timeline that I think is really cool:

The most extreme cases of enhancement involve people opting for "decentralised" circulatory systems - along with a form of synthetic blood - reducing physical vulnerability still further. This particular option is only available to the rich, as it involves a highly complicated procedure that radically alters their internal anatomy. The end result is that a person can survive multiple gunshot wounds or other damage relatively easily. Certain politicians are taking advantage of this - especially those in unstable regions - along with gangland bosses and career criminals.

Yeah, I would do that too.

There may be other things that I would enhance myself with, but I would mainly be biological. In the far future, say, 2300, I may just give into peer pressure and upload my mind into a robotic body.

Biological humans should be respected in the future, because they have rights, and they aren't vermin.
TreeHandThing

Postby crzer07 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:56 am

well in the future you can clone a human body and upload yourself there, so that way h.s. sapien will hardly be gone or extinct.
crzer07

Postby wjfox2009 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:50 pm

There may come a point, in the far future, where AI becomes so advanced that biological humans are equivalent to amoebas or bacterial life in comparison.
wjfox2009
Site Admin

Postby ExplorerAtHeart on Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:42 pm

Humans are not the final product of 4.5 billion years of evolution, the evolution is still ongoing.
ExplorerAtHeart

Postby Italian Ufo on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:11 pm

Cant even imagine life if we become millions of times smarter than we are.
We are to primitive to understand that. As long as we dont loose identity and the way we percieve life that is still ok with me.

I would stay mostly biological. i will have nanobots in my blood to reparir tissues when damaged, some microchips who makes me much smarter and makes me feel good when i need it.

i will eventually empower my sexuality of 10 times since mentally i always need sex but men need to rest from a session to another.

anyway i would have a controller outside of the body which i can use to switch off all these capabilities when i dont need them.
Italian Ufo

Postby Prolite on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:47 am

If only you guys knew how ridiculous you sound. It's like listening to the Bible Thumpers preach about grapes and gardens when they go to heaven. But thing is, they don't. Biologically enhanced? Yeah, okay.
Prolite

Postby TreeHandThing on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:49 am

Italian Ufo wrote:I would stay mostly biological. i will have nanobots in my blood to reparir tissues when damaged, some microchips who makes me much smarter and makes me feel good when i need it.

In order to even keep up with the future, you will need god-like AI merged with your brain.
TreeHandThing

Postby crzer07 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:00 am

Prolite wrote:If only you guys knew how ridiculous you sound. It's like listening to the Bible Thumpers preach about grapes and gardens when they go to heaven. But thing is, they don't. Biologically enhanced? Yeah, okay.

Why is it ridiculous?
crzer07

---------

Next

Return to The Future