Will Biological Humans be respected in the Future?

General discussions about future technology and the human race.

Re: Will Biological Humans be respected in the Future?

Postby wjfox2009 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:40 am

Prolite wrote:If only you guys knew how ridiculous you sound. It's like listening to the Bible Thumpers preach about grapes and gardens when they go to heaven. But thing is, they don't. Biologically enhanced? Yeah, okay.

So you're saying nothing will change, even with a cure for ageing and centuries of exponential progress? Yeah, okay.
wjfox2009
Site Admin

Postby Prolite on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:46 pm

wjfox2009 wrote:
Prolite wrote:If only you guys knew how ridiculous you sound. It's like listening to the Bible Thumpers preach about grapes and gardens when they go to heaven. But thing is, they don't. Biologically enhanced? Yeah, okay.

So you're saying nothing will change, even with a cure for ageing and centuries of exponential progress? Yeah, okay.

lol, man you are so convinced about this cure for aging thing aren't you? Exponential growth will occur, but humans becoming cyborgs during this century? No.
Prolite

Postby Prolite on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:48 pm

crzer07 wrote:

Why is it ridiculous?

Because everything you speak of is technology of the 22nd century and beyond.
Prolite

Postby crzer07 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:07 am

Prolite wrote:
crzer07 wrote:

Why is it ridiculous?

Because everything you speak of is technology of the 22nd century and beyond.

Because it is the place to talk about the future :D
crzer07

Postby Italian Ufo on Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:22 am

TreeHandThing wrote:
Italian Ufo wrote:I would stay mostly biological. i will have nanobots in my blood to reparir tissues when damaged, some microchips who makes me much smarter and makes me feel good when i need it.

In order to even keep up with the future, you will need god-like AI merged with your brain.

What about if in the future we find out that if we marge completely with an I we could loose the conciousness of the self? therefore we might think that is not longer us, we are a compiuter now super intelligent but we lost what we really are.

i think maybe in the future at one point we might stop and much later in the future a "new age" philosophy might develop which ask us to refuse some technologies in order to live healthier and happier without hi-tech.

As I said, i want to improve myself but not becoming a different thing
Italian Ufo

Postby Prolite on Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:54 am

Human beings always look for ways to improve their lives and add excitement to it. To suggest that humans will become cyborgs is dismissing the very fact just stated prior. Technology companies work very hard to market their products in a way which animates and improves people's lives. Technology will continue to enhance our lives, NOT CHANGE who we are. There's a reason why scientists right now are working on technologies in the future that will become part of our every day life, not that we become part of computers. For instance, augmented reality is a great example of how computers add value to our lives. Artificial intelligence is another, especially with robots. My mom said to me the other day in conversation about technology: it would be nice to have a robot that folded my clothes for me and I don't have to do a thing! Robots that cook and clean, and computer screens that are projected into virtual space such as holograms. Don't you see the trend? The trend is that we are becoming MORE HUMAN, not more cyborg. It's all about living a better quality of life, and having access to an infinite amount of resources, both human and non-human.

Do you want to predict what computers will be like in 10 or 20 years from now? How about 50 years? Easy. Just think how technology can improve our standard of living and you might be pretty close to what computers might transpire in the future.
Prolite

Postby Italian Ufo on Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:47 pm

At /Prolite

I think you are missing one big point over there. I agree that human kind was made to enjoy itself and not to work but this has not to do with the human kind it self. All the technological advances makes our life easier and more confortable but this dosent make you necceserly more happy. as in factstress level and depression is growing in our society.( A small paranthesis we need more love!)

First of all you need to ask yourself, what makes us human? What constitutes the human kind?
For sure you will say that we have limitated knowledge, intelligence, consciousness and so on. I can enachemy capabilities by becoming smarter, have better functioning organs and enhace my appreciation for life. At the point you still would retain human capabilities and you will be a better human, a post-human to be exhact.

But when your intelligence becomes millions of times much smarter, download information in seconds, comunicate just by exchange files from brain to brain without talking, or merging with other compiuters, does this still make you a human?
Philosophically ane ethically speaking this creates a problem to me because it is not me. in particular i enached so much my charaterisitcs that made me detach completely from my origina "ego" "I". I would still retain part of myself but the way i comunicate,gather plesure if any in the sense i know, collect data will be complitely different from what I was. We can become completely different things and almost even forget who we were originally. Forme this is like dieing.

I think humans should improve themself but forgetting also of our biological origins or changing them completely will just kill the human kind. I want to become a post-human thats my aspirtation, sometimes becoming a super AI and other retunr to my biological body just like I was created. also sometimes i could switch my shapes into an animal or a mythology characater but still I would retern my " EGO". Thats how i would love life in the future.
Italian Ufo

Postby Prolite on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:02 am

This is a metaphysical debate and is one I'm not interested in having. It would go on forever.
Prolite

Postby Italian Ufo on Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:55 am

Prolite wrote:This is a metaphysical debate and is one I'm not interested in having. It would go on forever.

metaphysical of what Prolite?
There is scientific evidences that we are making problems in regnerating death cells of the body. The cause of aging have been already detected and they are all potentially reverseble.

It might not be 2065 that the cure will come out but maybe late 80s but aging will start to be defeated in this century not the other. Wait until compiuters become 1000 of times of a human brain and you will see how science will speed in progresses
Italian Ufo

Postby Prolite on Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:30 pm

In late 2080's!? Why should I care? I'll be dead. Jack Lalene died the other day (the fitness buff), at the age of 96. That man ate the healthiest food his entire life and exercised like a mad man, and he only made it to 96 years old. If I suffer the same fate, then I will be dead by 2076.
Prolite

---------

PreviousNext

Return to The Future