Will Biological Humans be respected in the Future?

General discussions about future technology and the human race.

Re: Will Biological Humans be respected in the Future?

Postby Italian Ufo on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:35 am

Prolite wrote:In late 2080's!? Why should I care? I'll be dead. Jack Lalene died the other day (the fitness buff), at the age of 96. That man ate the healthiest food his entire life and exercised like a mad man, and he only made it to 96 years old. If I suffer the same fate, then I will be dead by 2076.

Be soon, stem cells will bein the market to regenerate tissues, cloning some organs will come too. A pill against obesity will shortly be invented which will make our life longer and healtheir etc etc
Italian Ufo

Postby Prolite on Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:45 am

Italian Ufo wrote:
Prolite wrote:In late 2080's!? Why should I care? I'll be dead. Jack Lalene died the other day (the fitness buff), at the age of 96. That man ate the healthiest food his entire life and exercised like a mad man, and he only made it to 96 years old. If I suffer the same fate, then I will be dead by 2076.

Be soon, stem cells will bein the market to regenerate tissues, cloning some organs will come too. A pill against obesity will shortly be invented which will make our life longer and healtheir etc etc

I hope so. I really don't want to live a normal lifespan. There's too many things on my to-do list that takes longer than a normal lifespan to do.
Prolite

Postby crzer07 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:28 am

Prolite wrote:
Italian Ufo wrote:

I hope so. I really don't want to live a normal lifespan. There's too many things on my to-do list that takes longer than a normal lifespan to do.

LOL... like what?
crzer07

Postby Italian Ufo on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:49 am

I agree with Prolite in this case.

Life is so short. There are many things that I want to do in my life and I cant because luck of time. I want death to be choice not something mandatory, and if our skills will enache if we will become better humans and life will have always renewble plesures then I may consider to become a God and immortal.

I want to learn how to play music instruments
have millions of women
avoid my sports careers
write another Phd
Visit every place in the world
Go to Space and meet Extraterrerstial Civilizations
Take a degree in medical biology
live in some animals for few years
do paintings
make new friends
try new sports
invent new things
build buildings

and many other things

you cant do all these if you live only 70-80 years. In this world after you are 40 you are considered already old! Life is really short right now and half of it you spend it to get a job to work hard and sometimes you have also illnesses to live with.
Too many up and downs.
Italian Ufo

Postby crzer07 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:04 am

Even at 40 you're beginning to LOOK old as well. Even your cells start to degenerate pretty quickly, but can you believe it at age 25 is your optimal prime, after that it all goes in one downhill direction. So basically the rest of 2/3 of your life goes towards looking more and more ****tier and ****tier as you age and time progresses. But the thing that bothers me is how we tell our kids that they look more beautiful/handsome growing up. Truth is that's only a small fraction of your entire life.

While I may believe to be some kind of life extension in this century, I'm skeptical on how it is going to be applied. There will also be religious or conservatives that will lobby against this kind of stuff, so expect a long delay. Even after that controversies regarding climate change and overpopulation is going to create alot of restrictions and delay as well. (one argument is that your right to live happens to infringe upon the rest of the population's right to a quality of life. Anti-humanists and members of VHEMT movement love this) And even not accounting for that not everyone will have the privelidge, but all the rich/the elites, the powerful will opt it for sure. It will be like the whole eugenics and social Darwinism thing all over again only a century later.

Who knows how long you have to wait until it all settles, we may actually not have access to it. Unless you found a way to accumulate insane amount of money in a short period, just make sure you last long enough by using the methods of present standard of living which is the tricky part. Truth is everyone has a f*cking agenda, and could give two elephant's **** about your well being.
crzer07

Postby wjfox2009 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:24 am

crzer07 wrote:and could give two elephant's **** about your well being.

*couldn't
wjfox2009
Site Admin

Postby crzer07 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:47 pm

thx for the spelling.
crzer07

Postby Italian Ufo on Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:40 pm

These are my doubts as well unfortunally
Italian Ufo

Postby ExplorerAtHeart on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:13 am

have millions of women
*rolls eyes.. :P
ExplorerAtHeart

Postby TreeHandThing on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:12 am

ExplorerAtHeart wrote:
have millions of women
*rolls eyes.. :P

hahahahaha!
TreeHandThing

---------

PreviousNext

Return to The Future