Will Biological Humans be respected in the Future?

General discussions about future technology and the human race.

Re: Will Biological Humans be respected in the Future?

Postby Italian Ufo on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:03 am

Oh yeah ! lol Guys thats never enough! Women are wonderful creatures in terms of beauty! :P
Italian Ufo

Postby Prolite on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:37 am

crzer07 wrote:Even at 40 you're beginning to LOOK old as well. Even your cells start to degenerate pretty quickly, but can you believe it at age 25 is your optimal prime, after that it all goes in one downhill direction. So basically the rest of 2/3 of your life goes towards looking more and more ****tier and ****tier as you age and time progresses. But the thing that bothers me is how we tell our kids that they look more beautiful/handsome growing up. Truth is that's only a small fraction of your entire life.

While I may believe to be some kind of life extension in this century, I'm skeptical on how it is going to be applied. There will also be religious or conservatives that will lobby against this kind of stuff, so expect a long delay. Even after that controversies regarding climate change and overpopulation is going to create alot of restrictions and delay as well. (one argument is that your right to live happens to infringe upon the rest of the population's right to a quality of life. Anti-humanists and members of VHEMT movement love this) And even not accounting for that not everyone will have the privelidge, but all the rich/the elites, the powerful will opt it for sure. It will be like the whole eugenics and social Darwinism thing all over again only a century later.

Who knows how long you have to wait until it all settles, we may actually not have access to it. Unless you found a way to accumulate insane amount of money in a short period, just make sure you last long enough by using the methods of present standard of living which is the tricky part. Truth is everyone has a f*cking agenda, and could give two elephant's **** about your well being.

Wow, you couldn't have said it any better. You truly understand politics and societal impediments. I agree with most of what you said except the part about getting "****tier and ****tier as you age". Some people don't discover their true potential in life until hey hit 50 something, or later in life I should say. I'm 29 years old and I"m just discovering now the true potential of my mind.
Prolite

Postby Italian Ufo on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:21 am

Prolite wrote:
crzer07 wrote:Even at 40 you're beginning to LOOK old as well. Even your cells start to degenerate pretty quickly, but can you believe it at age 25 is your optimal prime, after that it all goes in one downhill direction. So basically the rest of 2/3 of your life goes towards looking more and more ****tier and ****tier as you age and time progresses. But the thing that bothers me is how we tell our kids that they look more beautiful/handsome growing up. Truth is that's only a small fraction of your entire life.

While I may believe to be some kind of life extension in this century, I'm skeptical on how it is going to be applied. There will also be religious or conservatives that will lobby against this kind of stuff, so expect a long delay. Even after that controversies regarding climate change and overpopulation is going to create alot of restrictions and delay as well. (one argument is that your right to live happens to infringe upon the rest of the population's right to a quality of life. Anti-humanists and members of VHEMT movement love this) And even not accounting for that not everyone will have the privelidge, but all the rich/the elites, the powerful will opt it for sure. It will be like the whole eugenics and social Darwinism thing all over again only a century later.

Who knows how long you have to wait until it all settles, we may actually not have access to it. Unless you found a way to accumulate insane amount of money in a short period, just make sure you last long enough by using the methods of present standard of living which is the tricky part. Truth is everyone has a f*cking agenda, and could give two elephant's **** about your well being.

Wow, you couldn't have said it any better. You truly understand politics and societal impediments. I agree with most of what you said except the part about getting "****tier and ****tier as you age". Some people don't discover their true potential in life until hey hit 50 something, or later in life I should say. I'm 29 years old and I"m just discovering now the true potential of my mind.

Of course there are political impediments like they are now potentially. Research could be musch faster if we only wanted to!
Italian Ufo

Postby crzer07 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:18 am

yeah just wanted to rant and get it out of my system. It kinda sucks to realize your potential so late, that means your youth and good looks was wasted... had you noticed it before might you have an even better start. but it's all good just as long as you do before dementia or Parkinson's kicks in.
crzer07

Postby Prolite on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:56 am

crzer07 wrote:yeah just wanted to rant and get it out of my system. It kinda sucks to realize your potential so late, that means your youth and good looks was wasted... had you noticed it before might you have an even better start. but it's all good just as long as you do before dementia or Parkinson's kicks in.

There's a lot of information on the internet that's free that informs how to ward off dementia.
Prolite

---------

Previous

Return to The Future