Will Pokemon Be Real??

General discussions about future technology and the human race.

Will Pokemon Be Real??

Postby kdogg1297 on Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:27 am

Could they be real as early as 2050?
With the rise of genetic engineering I think they could be
kdogg1297

Re: Will Pokemon Be Real??

Postby TreeHandThing on Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:51 am

Um, how old are you?
TreeHandThing

Postby Wesfky on Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:51 am

kdogg1297 wrote:Could they be real as early as 2050?
With the rise of genetic engineering I think they could be

Well genetic engineering will soon become common, so much that it may happen to our pets for the same reason anyone would want it for their offspring.
- healthly
- good looking

Cats and dogs are boring. Having a pet rhinos thats as small as a cat/dog or anything you want, would seem more awesome compared to a cat/dog.

But to have animals that have superpowers (pikachu, a rat that controls electricity) would be dangerous and would just be kept at the early stage of exotic house pet.
Wesfky

Postby Azevo on Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:32 am

How about you go forth and give it your best shot, just bare in mind the market of the future will be nothing like to today.
Azevo

Postby Italian Ufo on Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:47 pm

That is a possibility but I think Pokemon will be out of trend by then.

Anyway genetically speaking it would be really hard to realize a Pokemon in lab and We are talking about advanced genetic engeniering. So it is not a priority for researchers right now. When we will be able to re-create animals that are about to get exthinguish and they are important for the enviroment, or bring back to life some pre-historic animals, or animals that can grow human organs or also animals that produce food with essential calories and nutrient for the bodiesof pepole of 3rd world then we may start to talk about " Fashion" genetic engeniering.
For me it will become a common trend around 2080.
However this trend is already started in a way look at the cat mixed with a tiger's genes . It is very expensive to get it and it took years of work.
Italian Ufo

Postby crzer07 on Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:41 pm

Wesfky wrote:But to have animals that have superpowers (pikachu, a rat that controls electricity) would be dangerous and would just be kept at the early stage of exotic house pet.

you forgot about the pokeballs, which tames them... maybe in the wild they are dangerous but not if we have caught them all and train them as pokemon masters, then yeah. not to mention they can do all of our fighting and battles, and maybe use them in wars. We may have league of tournaments for it too and then it will also become a sport.

I think it is perfectly moral and justified, despite having to derive arguments based on fiction.
crzer07

Postby Wesfky on Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:23 am

crzer07 wrote:
Wesfky wrote:But to have animals that have superpowers (pikachu, a rat that controls electricity) would be dangerous and would just be kept at the early stage of exotic house pet.

you forgot about the pokeballs, which tames them... maybe in the wild they are dangerous but not if we have caught them all and train them as pokemon masters, then yeah. not to mention they can do all of our fighting and battles, and maybe use them in wars. We may have league of tournaments for it too and then it will also become a sport.

I think it is perfectly moral and justified, despite having to derive arguments based on fiction.

Wouldn't we just give ourselves superpowers. Although pokeballs do not work on humans...
Wesfky

Postby kdogg1297 on Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:38 am

to person who asked how old I am, i'm 17
kdogg1297

Postby crzer07 on Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:09 pm

Wesfky wrote:Wouldn't we just give ourselves superpowers. Although pokeballs do not work on humans...

We would but then it all comes down to a matter of choice of whether you wanna be a Z-fighter or a Pokemon trainer/master.

Heck I think I might even wanna create a poll about it, brb...
crzer07

Postby Random Guy on Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:11 pm

I don't think scientists would put in years of concentration and effort to realize fantasy creatures that are disregarded by fourth grade.
Random Guy

Location: Sector 7, District of New York, United States of America
---------

Next

Return to The Future